Architect and designer
Dedicated to offering creative, rational, and green designs to the public
Highly motivated, committed to thorough research and effective design solutions
2004 Master of Architecture UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING
2002 Bachelor of Science in Architecture UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING Magna Cum Laude
Image refinement/assembly - Advanced use of Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign / drafting /
3D modeling - Excellent command in SketchUp & LayOut / AutoCAD drafting / Basic knowledge of Autodesk Revit /
CAD/CAM - Expertise in Laser cutting / 3D printing /
Materials and Techniques - Professional experience in scale model fabrication in a variety of materials / Efficient communication through drafting skills, including perspectives, plans, sections, elevations, and rendered views
Skilled in documentation of drawings and models
• Design team. Interior design of a 10,000m2 ‘Single Location – Multiple Destinations’ hotel in Dubai. Project design, from concept design, 3D visualization and construction documents. Responsible for client relations, presentations, design development, and preparation of detailed construction documents.
• Architectural and interior design for adaptive re-use project of Karim Hotel & Spa in Beirut, Lebanon. Project lead in planning, interior design and landscape design on a 40 acre site.
• Conceptual design of The New Folk Art Museum in central Mongolia. Responsible for client relations, planning, 3D visualization and gallery fit-out for display of private art collection.
• Design development of Blok 11a 20,000m2 apartment building in New Belgrade for group of investors. Concept design through hand sketches, 3D and 2D drawings. Design of building façade and apartment units with underground parking garage, within dense urban context.
PROJECT ARCHITECT: Institute for Historic Preservation, Belgrade, Serbia 2009-2011
• Design team. Site and building surveys of heritage sites and buildings. On site instrument measuring, hand sketching, and documentation of buildings and structural systems.
• Prepared computer 3D models and 2D drawing documents of existing condition of buildings.
• Responsible for designs and construction documents used in conservation of historic monuments.
• Supervised disassembly, reconstruction and conservation work on 19th. century houses and historic wine cellar complex in Serbia.
PROJECT DESIGNER: SHCA, New York City, NY 2008-2009
• Design team. Coordinating BIM (Revit) modeling for Abu Dhabi Plaza, 88 storey high-rise development project in Astana, Kazakhstan.
• Computer 3D modeling, and 2D drawing from SD, through DD phase for above mentioned project.
• Drawing material and renderings for deigns and for office marketing purposes.
• Prepared the design, presentation drawings and board layout for design competition entry for retail and 500 key hotel tower in Nanjing, China.
PROJECT DESIGNER: Cannon Design, Buffalo and New York City, NY 2004-2007 • Developed and prepared design sketches.
• Design team. Prepared CAD drawings of building exterior as plans, sections, elevations and details.
• Computer 3D modelling, and 2D drawing from SD, through DD, and CD phases.
• Physical models developed in various stages of the project.
• Drawing material and renderings for office marketing purposes.
• Design lead on winning competition entry for student housing in Buffalo, NY.
• Prepared presentation drawings and board layout for wining design competition entry for business and hotel towers in Istanbul, Turkey.
• Organized fabrication of two large scale models for a major university project.
• Fabrication of study and finished models for a major project.
• Maintained and organized office model-making shop.
ADJUNCT ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: SUNY at Buffalo, School of Architecture and Regional Planning. Design Studio ARC212 - Environmental Design Studio PD360 2008
• Responsible for preparation and delivery of Environmental Design Studio II class curriculum to a group of forty students. Tasks: leading and organising group critiques, giving individual coaching to students, coordinating course records with two teaching assistants.
• Assumed responsibility for the delivery of the studio curriculum to a group of fifteen students. Tasks: developing of course pedagogy, leading group critiques, giving individual coaching to students, grading projects, developing student files and maintaining course records.
Bait Al Maqham Scale Model Exhibition at the SCD Gallery
POTO Type Design Competition Exhibition at the Gallery, Toronto
Mori on Wright Exhibition at the Albright Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo Design team. Fabrication of five site-specific architectural models. Tasks: designed and detailed primary support system for exhibit material, assisted in gallery preparation and exhibit material installation.
Music listening and live mixing, Cycling, Photography, Architectural and aeronautical model-making
AIA, LEED Associate